Lunch + Activities with the Mayor
Liecht Park, 128 Dousman Street
Kids, have a free lunch with the Mayor and check out the Green Bay Fire Department, Police Department, Parks, Recreation, & Forestry, Metro and Public Works vehicles on display.
Lunch provided for the first 2000 people by Green Bay Area Public Schools at 1130am. Adult lunches are $2.00.
- Meet local celebrity guests – autograph signing
- Dental Associates Booth (Enter to win great prizes including $50 gift cards and a Nintendo DS Game System)
- Randy Peterson will perform, kids will receive a free goody bag, clowns and face painting.
- Remote Control Helicopter Demonstration (weather dependent)
- City Forestry Department is offering a kid’s tree climb and a 10th anniversary tree planting – NEW!!
- Wildlife Sanctuary will have animals on display
- Decorate hats to encourage sun safety.
- PMI will provide a variety of huge inflatable games for children to enjoy from 11am-2:00pm.
- NWTC Artisan Center – Community Mural – NEW!!
- Foxy Lady Cruises has free tours of the boat and meet the Captain – NEW!!
- Bike Safety Booth
- Kohl's Cares: The Great Safety Adventure teaches basic home safety skills to children, parents and communities in a fun and interactive way; children and families get the chance to walk through Rover the Safety Hound's 1,000 square foot 5 bedroom home and point out potential dangers. Safety topics covered include falls, poisoning, fires and burns, choking, and drowning. NEW!!
1st Annual Kids’ Day Fun Run/Walk – NEW!!
Start your day with a Run/Walk at the ShopKo Landing on Green Bay’s CityDeck. A 1 or 2 mile run option to get your motor going.
Stretches with Belin XL at 8:45a.m.
Run/Walk begins at 9:00a.m.
Nature Center Amphitheater
1 free bag of corn to kids with wristbands 10a.m.-3p.m. at the Observation Building.
Live Mammal Program– How do you pet a porcupine and skunk? Well, in the wild you don’t, but we’ll give you the chance. Learn fascinating information about these two mammals and the others that call Wisconsin home: 3-3:45p.m.
Live Animal Release– One of the Sanctuary’s goals is to rehabilitate wildlife and return it to its natural surroundings. After spending some time being cared for at the Sanctuary, it is now time to release an animal back into the wild: 3:45-4p.m.
Birds of Prey Program– Many owls, hawks and falcons are found throughout Wisconsin and even right here in Green Bay. You’ll get an up close look at live birds of prey. Learn what they eat, where they live and what habits they have: 4-5p.m.
Free popcorn provided by Three Corners Neighborhood Association 3-5p.m.
Green Bay Swimming Pools
Kids can enjoy free admission to Colburn, Joannes and Resch Pools all day. Hours of operation for Joannes & Resch are 12-7p.m. Colburn Pool hours of operation 12:30-4:30p.m. & 6-7:30p.m.
Bay Beach Amusement Park
FREE RIDES ALL DAY. Park Hours: 10-9 p.m. Free rides all day including the Zippin Pippin roller coaster. Pony rides will be free from 10-2 p.m. weather permitting.
Features: Puss ‘N’ Boots, Smurfs, and Rio. All features will be in 2D and held at matinee times to be determined.
Brown County Library Program
Central Branch, 515 Pine St. - Celebrate Green Bay Kid's Day by 'voting' to hear red, white and blue stories. Then do the bubble wrap stomp to fireworks music with Olivia the Pig. Craft from 10:30-11:00am.; make a tinsel “sparkler”
East Branch 2255 Main St. – Mayor’s Kids’ Day Campout: Help build a campfire, participate in sleeping bag races, & listen to spooky stories. 6p.m.
Southwest Branch Library , 974 Ninth Street - Lego Block Party. Make creations with our Legos and show off your building skills. 1p.m.
The Children’s Museum – NEW!!
The Children’s Museum will be open from 10a.m.-2p.m. Children will get in free with a wristband. Adults will be $8.00. To register visit our website www.gbchildrensmuseum.org. Space is limited.
Neville Public Museum
Join us for the Far Out Football Fantasy Day. Free admission for kids with wristbands. 9a.m-5p.m. www.nevillepublicmuseum.org
Meet the “Disc Dude” Lessons & Demo’s:
Triangle Sports Area: Free Disc Golf all day.
Green Bay Bullfrogs
Join Mayor Schmitt at 7:05 pm at Joannes Stadium. Watch the Bullfrogs take on the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Enjoy a night of family fun events: speed pitch, family bouncy bog, the great base race, catch the fly and dizzy bat spin.
Packer Hall of Fame
Free admission to Packer Hall of Fame for kids with wristbands. Adult admission is $10.00. www.packers.com.
Free bowling or bumper bowling and shoes from 10-11 am or 11-12p.m. Adult bowling is $2.00.
Green Bay Botanical Garden
Special activities and crafts will be held in the Children’s Garden, visit www.gbbg.org for more information. All children receive free admission to Green Bay Botanical Garden on Green Bay Kids’ Day. The Garden is open from 9a.m.-8p.m.
Green Bay City Band
Relax and enjoy the City Band at St. James Park starting at 7:30p.m. Titletown Brewing Co. will be serving rootbeer to all kids with a wristband.
Green Bay Metro
Free bus rides all day for Green Bay kids and adults accompanied by children.
Free admission to kids and families with wristbands from 5a.m.– 9p.m.